Friday, 27 June 2014

Buttons and Bows with Delicious Doodles

Morning all.
What's this? Two posts in two days? Well it is the start of the new challenge at Delicious Doodles' challenge blog. Being on team A, it's our turn to provide some DT inspiration. I made a card destined to send to a young friend for her birthday.

Using the images Blossom and overlaid with the Butterfly Border
The black card base was topped with a pale blue card that was edged using a graph it pen after stamping a text stamp with blue ink. Some black/white paper cellar flower/butterfly paper topped the blue. Bringing in the pinks on the image - ribbon with hand stitched bows and buttons
All coloured with Graph it pens.

So, what are you waiting for? It's an open invitation to join in - just pop on over to the blog and see the other fabby makes my teamies made - amazing work

I'd like to enter this card into the challenge at
Graph'it Markers Challenge - Blonde hair. 

Catch-up and sorrys all round

Where do I begin?
It's been a month since I last posted here. If it weren't for "No-Luck", I'd have no luck at at all!
Life and all the lemons that it could throw at me this month got in the way and sucked a mega amount of mojo out of me. However I did make a few projects for one of the DT teams I am on. Haunted Design House.
The first - well the challenge has been and gone but I'll show it to you anyway.
For the challenge "Bubble, bubble, toil and trouble" using black green and purple, metal and a flourish.
I actually made two projects. One - a "tree of life (or death?) using purple and green beads on some black wire. Twisted into a flourish for that gnarled tree trunk and embedded into a glass tealight holder with hot glue. A little black crystal skull and a grave stone at the roots.

The second was an altered tin. Using a stamp from Smeared Ink's Morbidly Adorable set.
Coloured with promarkers before embossing with a TH folder. A flourish was stencilled on in purple.
plenty of black distress ink and adhered to a tin before sealing with decoart sealer.
My next piece is for the still current challenge.
"Number of the Beast"
To celebrate the fact we have reached that magic number of followers on the HDH blog
An altered "book box"

Top and bottom 
Covered with "faux leather" as per Sheena Douglass. Without the embossing. 
I wanted a "peeled skin look"
The 3 "monster heads" form the feet of the box.
On the top - the number 666 is in the pentagram. This is really just card, coloured with pan pastels then liberally coated with "rock candy". 
Some metal corner embellishments to finish off.

on it's side to look like a book
The "leaves" and where the box closes are coated with gilding wax in antique gold.
 When all was dry, the whole thing was sprayed to seal with crafters' companion's spray and shine

and inside ........ not forgotten

This (with a few goodies from my stash) is just a small prize for the winner of this monumental challenge over at the blog. You really need to check out the rest of the prizes up for grabs.

I'd like to enter my book box into the challenge at
Unstampables - Alter something/mixed media