Friday 15 November 2013

CAS and Delicious Doodles

The new Delicious Doodles Challenge this week is all about clean and simple. No added embellishments! I find this one of the most difficult types of cards. I always want to add something more.


This is the new Holly Sugar Skull from the pen of Teri who is Delicious Doodles
Starting off with a white card, I brushed "burnt sienna tint" pan pastel over it. CAS is about loads of empty space not loads of white space after all.
I needed a sentiment this is on the die-cut paper.

The sugar skull itself has been painted with perfect pearls for that extra sheen.
I did add a few swirls, highlighted with the same pan pastel. I couldn't resist it.

So it's bring those CAS cards to Delicious Doodles Challenges folks and show us how it's done - your way.

I'd like to enter this card into the challenge at
Through The Purple Haze - Winter Scenes optional animals or people in it


4 comments:

  1. Croms this is amazing! You'd never think a skull could be festive, but Teri's artwork is amazing! I love your take on CAS. The shimmer on the holly is beautiful - well done for catching it on camera cos that's so difficult.

    Thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges.

    Lucy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really unusual christmas card, I love how you coloured the image it really is very effective, thanks for joining in at through the purple haze challenges
    Nicola DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous, Helen! Saw this on the DD challenge blog and went and bought the image immediately. LOVE what you've done with it! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful image and just love what you did to add that little bit of extra shine. Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete