Friday 19 July 2013

Black on Black

Yep, all about the black this week over at Delicious Doodles. So many challenges call for white on white, in fact we had such a challenge a few weeks ago, we've decided to really challenge you. To see how black you can go, hehe. There are so many colour "blacks", it shouldn't be too hard. Textures of course have their unique way of adding the colour variation as well. Let's see what you make of this.....

My gatefold card employs diecuts, from different types of card as well as texture.
So here we have it. I have used Teri's new and Delicious "Angel of Death" image.

There is here, a plain black card base with crackle embossed pearlised card attached.
That diecut gate and fence has been cut from glossy black card (yes it opens).
The tree behind has been cut from two different black card stock in stash. Also the little tags with my hand written sentiment, written with white gel pen and attached with black brads. The silver bat was given a lick of black alcohol ink from my promarker.
The sentiment - well that's my little attempt at humour.
and fully open you can see the third tag. Those inside panels have been covered with a leather type textured paper.
A sentiment on another die cut and a square to write a message on.
The flowers are home made from lace. Black, of course, with a stick pin that had some extra black beads added by me together with the little charms.
You can see some of the dimension I added to this gorgeous image here.

In more detail...........

That's about it from me folks, except to say, we're looking forward to seeing your BLACK creations over at the Delicious Doodles challenge blog

I'd like to enter my card into the challenge at
Left Of Centre - LOC theme and/or spots and/or stripes
Patties Creations - Monochromatic
Totally Papercrafts - Make your own Flowers
Penny's Paper-Crafty - Use Black

14 comments:

  1. Utterly gorgeous Croms - this is another masterpiece (or is it 'Mistresspiece' ??!!! LoL)

    Hugz
    IKE xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMFG hun - totally love it!! That wee gate die is to die for!! lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Your imagination astounds me. This is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very different! Thanks for joining us at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge.

    Pattie
    Artist & Owner

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful different card...not sure where the flowers are? carol...TPC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely card...
    Thanks for sharing it with TPC...

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, this is just STUNNING! LOVE the black on black! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous project!
    Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty this week and I hope we see you again soon!

    Hugz
    Laurian

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha a little bat told me (priceless). Your cards always have so much too them. Proper brilliant. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh Helen this is fabulous! I really love how you have added all the die cut elements to it.
    Thank you for joining us at Left of Center
    Shelley (LOC DT) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous creation. Thanks for joining us at Left Of Center Creative Challenges.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW This is amazing. So much detailing inside and out. I cant believe how much detailing you have achieved with the black on black! Everything about this is exquisite!! I hate to think how much time went into this stunning piece.

    Hugs Lisa xxxx <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm gob smacked. All the details. All of the different bits to look at. AMAZING work.

    ReplyDelete