Wednesday 12 June 2013

GDT Spot at Quirky Crafts

Ooops my blog should have been updated the other day, but one thing and another......
Anyway............
Following an entry into the challenge over at Quirky Crafts Challenge blog the other week, I was asked to be GDT this week. The regular DT have made some spectacular projects and are screaming out to be admired, so please go look.
The challenge was to make a project with more than one fold. There were images supplied by The Cutting Cafe and I chose the Ahoy Matey collection to work with. It was an ideal set to use for my grandson's upcoming birthday next month. So a card was born...
More than one fold.....a box card that stands up on it's own using the dimension of the box when popped open but can be sent through the post in an ordinary envelope.
The images were manipulated by me on the pc to create the pic at the back and the ship coloured with promarkers before masking off and stamping a load of skull images to add more interest and break up the sea of white. The DP used is from "My minds' Eye" halloween papers of last year. The "Ahoy Matey" disc on the front is also from the image collection. Just cut out with dies, matted up and fixed on.
A simple card for a seven year old.
Thanks girls for asking me to join in at Quirky Crafts

3 comments:

  1. Hi Helen, we all love your card, it is just as good as any of ours, I just got back from holiday or I would have said so sooner! Thanks for being Guest Designer, I hope we will have the pleasure again.

    Cazzy - on behalf of the Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog DT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was soooo sure I popped in earlier to say this is brilliant, I love it!! and to thank you, of course, for being a guest designer this challenge on Quirky Crafts!!!
    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great card for a young boy, Helen! love the pirate theme. xxD

    ReplyDelete