Friday 1 February 2013

Pale Red, Pale Red and More Pale Red

Well I didn't want to scare all my regulars, did I?

Those of you with an aversion to the fluffy side of crafting might want to avert their eyes.


I've gone and done it. Made a pink card!!! Ok - I teamed it with chocolate brown, but it is nearly all Pale Red - Pink!

I used a Rick St Dennis image called Valentyna Valentine. The new sweetheart in the Lovely Ladies range.

As you can see - not my normal style at all hahaha.
There're papers there from Basic Grey (with the brown swirls with pinks flowers), Authentique - Lovely collection - Both papers matted onto chocolate brown card, and a digi paper base from Bearly Mine Designs, who just happen to be sponsoring the challenge over at the Sparkle and Glitter with Rick this fortnight.
I have used the sketch over at Stamp with Fun for my inspiration.
We have a pink chiffon ribbon pleated onto a pale pink gold edged satin ribbon. Three pink rose buds gathered with some pink lace to form a doily under them. A home made pin with an ivory pearl, red heart and a clear sparkly bead. A spray of ivory pearls and in the top corner some more pearls ranging from chocolate brown through to pale pink.
The image was coloured with promarkers with just a touch here and there of glitter gel pens.
.I stamped in the top corner with a "real" stamp "All my Love". A set that came free with Card Making and Papercraft. Just the right size for this.

Normal service will be resumed within a day or so. I promise.

I an entering this into the challenge over at
Stamp With Fun - Their Sketch
Charisma Cards - Pink and Brown
Crafty Ribbons - Anything goes with ribbon
Try It On Tuesday - At least one heart
I Love Promarkers - Love is all around

12 comments:

  1. I like how you try to refer to pink as pale red! Too funny! See? It must be catchy!! I've had pink on the mind myself lately. Beautiful creation and it shows that even creepy chicks can pull off pink (if they want to!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful Helen... without my glasses!
    Pale red hey? Ok... i wont use the P word either..... you've made a nice job... i actually quite like it.... if it wasnt for the colour,the fr-fru cutsy image, the ruffle and the bling it would be great! Damn its a good job we're mates....
    Seriously ...its a beautiful card... well done my dark friend... i hope you feel better soon!!!! love always xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great image and great colouring. Smashing card. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oohh so nicely done. she looks so beautiful. pale red is wonderful with her.I love your coloring..of course I have always been your biggest fan I think and the embellishments are lovely.
    hugs
    susan s

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous, super image and I love the papers. Thanks for joining us at I Love Promarkers xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very great card - nice color and motiv. Thanks for joining Stamp with Fun.
    Big hug
    Andrea-Emmi41

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the carc pink or not this one is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pink or not it's a great card - she's a very feisty valentie! Thank you for joining us at TioT, Cindy (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, love your sweet image and perfect colouring, thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz, hugs, Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty and unique! ;) thanks for joining in with us over at Crafy Ribbons! Hugs, Bonnie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant card, very sexy frills xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Love your LO :-) Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Ribbons this time, hope to see you again soon :-) Elaine DT -xxx- p.s I have candy if you would like to pop by and enter :-) http://sparklingblackrose-craftmylife.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/new-candy.html

    ReplyDelete