Tuesday 25 September 2012

I Used Pink!!

Not the colour I reach for as a normal course of events, is it?
Colouring this image for a friends birthday card - Pink seemed to be the natural colour to choose for the sash. What image?.......this one........
This little beauty is Esmeralda. Just one of the beauties available at Rick St Dennis' Etsy store. See what I mean about the pink. Had you going maybe? Thinking I might go for something a little less bold?
She's coloured in using promarkers, a dab of gel pen for her jewels with just a dash of gold glamour dust on her shawl.
Then to give her a home for the card I needed to make for a friend, I used the sketch over at A Die For A Sketch. - Requirement that at least one die is used
 A slightly different angle - trying to reduce the glare
Ingredient were

labels 8 nestie
BP basic grey - love me tender range
gold miri, Red lace, hot pink and old gold ribbons. gold glamour dust and red pearls from stash
home made pins
Stamped sentiment, heat embossed in gold
The pins used beads from an old recycled bracelet

I am entering this into the challenge over at 
A Die for a Sketch - their sketch

15 comments:

  1. Love it and I can't believe YOU used pink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it,and love the pink :P you do it so well you should do it more x

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is gorgeous and it's PINK!!!! lol. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen, i am totally love this card. She is gorgeous in Red.
    Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out simply gorgeous!! You do pink so well! Now I have to color her up too. I am inspired! I just adore Rick's artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the colours you've used, and your decorative pins are so pretty! You've done a great job with the sketch! Thanks so much for joining us at A Die For A Sketch!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a bit of a scare when I read you used pink, Helen. Thankfully I am recovered enough to leave a comment. Love what you have done with this fab image. And we do need to use the colours our friends like sometimes! ( I might have had to use a bit of THAT colour recently too!) Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card and I like the colours and the papers you've used! Fab image too and great interpretation of the sketch.
    Thanks for joining us at A Die for a Sketch, good luck in the draw and hope to see you next month too.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card!Fab colours!
    ---
    Dear Helen,
    I would like to invite you to take a gift from my game - "Who is this girl?"
    memo 1 - http://borqna-venkova.blogspot.com/2012/09/day-266-random-item-c.html
    memo 2 - http://borqna-venkova.blogspot.com/2012/09/day-269-vivid.html
    I shall forward your address / or shipping address / - here:
    borqna_venkova@abv.bg

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh, this card is simply gorgeous. Love the colors and all the other things..

    Daen'Ys

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a fabulous image helen. I love it and the colours are amazing. TFS hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card love the image and all that pink.Thanks for joining us at a Die for a Sketch Willie

    ReplyDelete