Monday 27 August 2012

EviL ALiCE

It's Monday, again. This post is for Smudgy Antics. The challenge blog of Smeared Ink and the Smeared and Smudged Forum.
It seems Alice is huge these days!  Alice is everywhere!  She has video games, challenge blogs, tag and ATC swaps and who knows what else...all devoted to her and Wonderland!  That girl gets tons of attention!  We expect to see lots of entries this week.  Of course, being Smudgy Antics, we like things that are on the dark or edgy side of the art world.  Smeared Ink has made their own collection of AIW and let me tell you, Alice is all grown-up now!  You can find these jaw-dropping creations in the shop now.  I provided the link for the entire set, but these can be purchased as singles as well.  Trust me, you will want them all!  They are Hot!

I bring to you, two of these awesome images. The first is The Mad Hatter.
I made a card following the sketchie over at the Willow Sketchie challenge blog this week.
The image was coloured with promarkers and cut out with a nestie, the ink distressed b/g done whilst in the die. The BP is from the set "tea-time" by CraftyChaos. Mounted onto leather effect silver card then a blue card base.
The big sash of the image has been mirrored on the card. The sentiment was computer generated.

My second project is another wall hanging made from an old CD. This time I used the Cheshire Cat image.

Again coloured with promarkers. The image was mounted onto the cd after I attached some distressed tulle layers.

The back features another of Smeared Ink's images "It's about Time - Pocket Watch".

Printed onto grey paper and distress inked round the edges.
The dangly charm - that has a few elements that I thought fitted well - a red alcohol inked metal heart for the Queen,  a little vial for the drinks, a key that opens the door, a rabbit and a little pocket watch.
That's about it for this week. Looking forward to seeing your "alternative" AIW creations. I hope you didn't forget to show some bloggy luv for the rest of the DT and their amazing pieces of artwork.

I would like to enter the Madhatter card into the challenge at
Willow Sketchie Challenges - Their Sketch

10 comments:

  1. all three are so stunning..of course the clock is one of my favorites..just love it and you tied it in perfectly.
    The charmed necklace makes me want one..hehe always a alice in us right just stunning.perfect parts just perfect.
    and the piece..colored perfectly and just love her tea pot .honestly awesome awesome awesome!
    hugs,
    susan s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous - I love the way the sash is mirrored on your first project.... Genius :-) Great wall hanging - I especially love that SI clock :-) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your pieces. Awesome colouring and love all the charms on the haning. The card is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card and a great take on my sketch! Thanks for playing along with my last ever challenge at Willow Sketchie. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool card with a great take on the sketch...thanks for playing with the sketch of Willow Sketchie!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  6. just fabulous!!! I really love the card but that altered cd is freaking awesome!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card, love the hanging even better! Stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh WOW! I sure love me some Alice! Especally dark Alice. Fabulous! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are one talented lady. I love coming to see your art. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are such brilliant creations, Helen. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete