Monday 2 April 2012

I want off

Been a cold dreary day here in this corner of Scotland, and I'm sure this isn't the only place. After last week's sunshine my mood has taken a downwards turn, I'm still sore after breaking a couple of ribs a few weeks ago so it really has been a "Blue and Browned off" kind of a day. This I translated into this card. Crafting being my outlet as it is for many.
This card came out of it. The mashed image being inspired from Haunted Design House's challenge this week "Off with their heads" and the sketch followed was from Eat, Sleep, Stamp # 166.
The carosel horse is an image stamped, using a big and juicy multi-coloured pad, from a friends stash and can't remember which company, sorry. The head is from Smeared Ink's Killer Bo-Peep stamped using the same pad and just a few details picked out with promarkers. Stuck onto a hammered c.s. circle that was tapped down on the same pad to give it a bit of colour. Can't have a carnival without some colour now, can we? Some dew drops to add the glitz of a carnival without going overboard.
Behind that is MME swirly DP and co-ordinating plain, then pale blue bassil on top of a duckegg blue mottled paper that I stamped some further swirls on.
The carnival bunting added, to which I added my sentiment.

EDIT - I have been told the horse is from Chocolat Baroque

I am entering this into the following challenges
Haunted Design House - Off with their heads
Eat, Sleep, Stamp - Their sketch # 166

10 comments:

  1. Ha! I am really a fan of mixing the species! Wish I had thought of that. Brilliant work!
    Thanks for chopping heads with us this this week at HDH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous card, love the layers and the banner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your ribs, that is a sore one. Hope you feel better soon. Excellent card and so true to life especially if you are in pain and feeling blue. Thanks for sharing with us at Haunted Design House xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant piece, Helen! Sorry you've had a crappy time as of late.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear! Broken ribs? Yikes, hon, whatch been doin'? Obviously working through your pain does a body good. Fab entry. thanks for joining us again at HDH and feel better! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks all bubbly and happy with the bright colors and the pastel image and then when you look a little closer - creepy!! I love it!

    Hope your ribs feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. EXCELLENT - lovely images and I really like what you did with the coloured pad. :-) Sorry to hear yous still sore. Thank you for joining us at Haunted Design House :-D xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an awesome card that has hopefully madevyou feel a lot better, love your unique style

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think we can all relate to this saying! I'm sorry to hear of your injuries. I hope you are on the mend. Your stamping certainly hasn't been affected. This is gorgeous!! The colors are so fun. Great use of the sketch. Thank you so much for playing along this week!
    Hugs,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I forgot to mention how much I liked this image too!

    ReplyDelete