Friday 14 October 2011

Hallowe'en - with no orange

That's the challenge over at Delicious Doodles' Challenge this week. A hallowe'en project using absolutely NO ORANGE. Well the other ladies have produced some spectacular creations, as usual.
This is mine. I wanted something to house some chocolate lollipops I made.

I needed a box. Not just an ordinary squarish box, but a coffin shaped one. So made up a template and from black core-dinations card, made the coffins.
Well any self-respecting coffin needs some form of occupant. Mine have not only the little mummy choccies but a Delicious Doodles Vampyress as well.

with, of course, a suitable tombstone. The images are coloured with promarkers and some homemade fabric/ribbon roses added and MS drippy goo punch used on the paper surrounding the coffin.
Access to the sweeties is gained by lifting up our lady on the hinge made.

Then I made another co-ordinating coffin for the second little person that these are destined for.

4 comments:

  1. Helen, I really do adore these - they are so fabulous and wonderful - what a nifty idea to have monster chocolates - mummy in a coffin! I love the box you made - that image is fabulous and love the colors - you are so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great lollies and box. thanks for letting me know about dracula Mikey, I have updated my blog post.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chocolate looks yummy, and the boxes look great! Also, if you hadn't seen it yet, you won my blog candy!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Helen

    Your coffin box's are fantastic the chocolate coffin and mummy are awesome. I have a little person sitting on my lap at the moment who says they were delicious her sister agrees
    Luv Jane and the girls xxx

    ReplyDelete