Wednesday 9 March 2011

Flying into Spring

This week has been a bit frantic. Lots of things going on here at home. My crafty room did not even see me for a few days and I had no PC. I did get this little SweetPea image coloured though and made into a card. Too late for a couple of the challenges I had in mind - but that's the way life goes sometimes.
The card itself is a twisted easel card. I did loosely follow the sketchy over on Friday Sketchers

The BP is from DCWV citrus range. Mounted onto gold mirri. There are 2 panels. One a square of pale green core-dinations and the other a circle that I ink distressed with rusty hinge and barn door DIs. Both embossed with butterflies and then the raised bits rubbed over with gold metallic paste. The LOTV sentiment stamped onto punched card.
The SweetPea image was coloured using promarkers with added stickles and glossy accents. This was mounted onto panels punched with MS PRTP.


The main card was finished with a few added butterflies that were also ink distressed with the same DIs and a few flowers and ribbons.

The base was another MS border punch and some more of the same ribbon to neaten.
Buttons and gems were used as the "stopper" and a couple more butterflies to finish off.


I am entering this into the challenges over at
Friday Sketchers as it was inspired by the current sketch
The image is one of my favs from SweetPea stamps so I am entering it into the challenge over at Sweet Pea Stampers - Favourite Stamp
The challenge over at Crafty Purple Frog calls for "Things with Wings" and this has a few.
Flutterby Wednesdays - their inspirational pic is of daisies - well there's loads of flowers on here. I hope that counts
Craft your Passion have an "Anything Goes" challenge so am entering this into that as well.
Paper Crafting Journey have a "with wings" challenge also.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Helen. I do hope that you are ok and things have calmed down now.
    Your card is delightful. Love the design. Gorgeous papers, and the borders are just fantastic. Love all the pretty flowers and butterflies.
    Happy crafting.
    With love, Sandra xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your week has settled down a bit for you Helen. This is such a lovely spring card. I love the image! The border punches are really fabulous here. One of these days I'll have to brave the easel card structure - it never seems to look good when I try. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. a fabulous card, great colours. Thank you for playing along with my sketch this week @ friday sketchers. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fab creation!

    Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion @ www.craftyourpassionchallenges.blogspot.com this week!

    Maggie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card!! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the beautiful bold colours and all the details.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a gorgeous card! Your colors are perfect. Thanks for joining us at PCJ this week. hugs ~ Cindy

    ReplyDelete