Wednesday 22 September 2010

Haunted House



I knew exactly what I was going to attempt for this challenge for a Haunted house over on Haunted Design House and I think it came out not tooo bad.
My take on "Haunted House" is "Now you see it..... Now you don't", a ghost house, a brick built Marie Celeste.
Armed with an image of a haunted house from google, a ruler and cutting tools, I set to work cutting it all into strips and sticking onto a concertina'd piece of black card stock. Then on alternative strips stuck a scene I had created with a white gel pen and a white stamped image of an old tree from de Stempenwinkle. This was boxed in to neaten. So from one angle you see the house ... the other .. it's gone. The path leading to the house, in the "garden", we have planted a few gravestones. These are from the "Holy City" stamp set from Smeared Ink. The technique used was "Soot Stamping" as detailed on Third Coast .. here . I love the misty effect created by this.

I am also entering this into Creative Inspirations challenge this week for using 2 or more stamped images. The tree being #1 and the Graveyard being #2 although there is another couple of crows in the graveyard as well making 3.
Art on the Darkside challenge #62 is for haunted houses so I have entered this into there as well.
Rounding off with another challenge - this time over on the new Gingerloft challenge #2 who are also running a Happy Haunting challenge.




9 comments:

  1. Wow, this card looks so complex! So great that you can make the house disappear! And I loooooove the graveyard in soot. I tried soot stamping on my ATC, but I should try the reverse soot stamping too (was planning to do so tonight or tomorrow). Really stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen. SIMPLY FANTASTIC. Just cant say anymore. You amaze me everytime you craft. Happy crafting.
    With love, Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, what a technically competent card - works beautifully

    WELL DONE

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, Helen, you've given me something I've never seen before. This is amazing! I just love that disappearing act - it is simply outstanding! I just love this! Wow, that soot technique is just definitely challenging - how did you have the patience for that? But, look how outstanding the effect is! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow how clever is this, totaly fantastic work x

    ReplyDelete
  6. How totally frickin' FABULOUS! I'm speechless! Thanks for sharing this awesome creation with HDH! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing- great to see something really different.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool technique this ! And scary too ;D It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is freakin' AWESOME, Croms!!!

    ReplyDelete