Friday 24 September 2010

Bling week for Tellen's Place

First I am going to apologise if this posts early.... going to try and schedule it for later today ... Having to go to work today. Long story, son broke his ankle 2 weeks ago and they were unsure if he would need it pinned. This means that all his chores are having to be done by me. He had been told to rest it or suffer the knife and surgery. Anyway, back to hossy again yesterday instead of work, managed to get a shift slide hence my week is turned upside down yet again. Good news - he's allowed to put weight on it now so he can hobble about a bit more **grin**.

OK back to business......

Bling week at Tellen's Place!!!!! (I am sure Terry is in cahoots with all the other challenge setters out there.....BLING!!!!)
This next project started off as a little joke and spiralled away. Plenty of glitter of all colours was used......
2 TPD images, Pukele and Skullflame were first printed onto acetate. Then bit by bit I glued glitter on in sections. Waiting for each bit to dry before going onto the next was the tedious bit.

While this was going on, I started on the box.....here's where the recycle bit comes in...... an aluminium box, originally used to house spot lights in ceilings has been sitting on hubby's workbench for ages, well there were 2 ...... the other has been earmarked by me as well, hehehehe......I made a cover with thinnish orange chipboard, cutting holes in 2 sides to take the 2 images. When the glue was all dry on the acetate and cleaned of all the excess glitter, these 2 panels were stuck in place. The sides were then finished off with loads of flame shaped pieces of red, orange and shiny holographic red cardstock and some paper from my DWCV Taj Mahal range which has glitter embedded in it. Then as a finishing touch, some sparkly gold ribbon that has been in my stash for ages.
Some pics here wouldn't go amiss ........
Pukele with and without candle light......




















and Skullflame......
























A rather long post I'm afraid and thank you for staying with me.
Now I hope you have either been or are going to look at all the other Divas' creations, I'm sure you will love what you see.

The reason this is a late entry into the Stamp It Crazy challenge this week is because I had to wait until today to post ... for obvious reasons. But the recycled challenge they have going over there seemed to fit this as it is an old lighting box used.

7 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your sons dilemma and hope all will soon be well.

    Great project Helen

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi and good morning Helen. This is absolutely fantastic, you are such a creative and wonderful crafter. I am amazed every time I see one of your fab pieces of work, and am honoured to work alongside you as part of the team. Happy crafting.
    With love, Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Thank you for your great entry, The box is very different, thank you from Stampitcrazy challenge www.stampitcrazy.net Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing project, you did stunning job. Thanks for playing at StampitCrazy. Hugs, Nataliya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you joined our challenge at STAMPitCRAZY again this week:) Your cards are gorgeous and love how you were able to recycle the box for them!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helen, wow, how did you think up this project? Great going. I love the way it shines and sparkles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful creation Helen. I love the vibrant oranges and reds you have used and the DCWV paper reminds me of little roundheaded demons which go perfectly with the sparkly images. I hope your son's foot gets better soon. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete