Thursday 19 August 2010

Paper pieced wedding card


Make me a wedding card please - a request from a friend. What could I say? What kind? How big? Colours? Anything was the reply. Thinking cap donned. Here we go .... travelling out of my comfort zone again. Anyway, to cut a long story short.... I came up with this ...
Using the Bride and Groom digi from Karen's Doodles, I paper pieced the bride's dress and shoes, after printing it onto a white pearlised paper onto the plain white card of the base. I had to cut an extra hand for the groom as well or he would have lost it - the 3d dimension would have been "out". The edges of the dress and the bodice were then treated to a small dose of stickles. The main image coloured with promarkers. This was matted onto silver mirri board as was the small panel.
The backing paper was a gift from a friend so unfortunately do not know the source. The lace, lilac flowers, silver ribbon etc from stash. I made the bead and pearl pins. I also made a box, covered with the same backing papers as used on the card as was the ribbon and flowers.
I'm happy to say both the bride and groom loved it........phew.
I'm going to enter this into the Allsorts challenge this week for paper piecing

8 comments:

  1. Oh what a lovely wedding card! I love the lace, so elegant! I love the paper piecing of the gown and those beautiful stickles - she looks glamorous, Helen! The roses are a perfect accent too! Wonderful work - out of your comfort zone? Girl, you are FABULOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its super and I am so not surprised that it was well received. Good luck with entering it in to the allsorts challenge

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Helen. What a beautiful card. I love your design and the beautiful image. The addition of the lace and the roses are just so perfect. Hope you are ok. Happy crafting.
    With love, Sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely card, they will be thrilled x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ovely card Helen very special. I'm sure it will be loved x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, love the image
    Thanks for joining our challenge at ALLSORTS this week,
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there

    A super card and beautfully coloured and the pink roses perfect.

    Thanks for joining in at Allsorts this week and good luck.

    B x

    p.s Did you know we have a DT call at our sister challenge http://pennyblackatallsorts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card..x

    Thanks for joining us at allsorts this week hugs Kirsten...x

    P.S Sorry this is late i had major computer problems yeserday.

    ReplyDelete